Friday, November 7, 2008

Ooh, pretty!

On top of my other numerous projects, I've decided that I'm going to be making this lovely beret;


Good thing I'm going to my favourite yarn shop (Sylph in McAdams Sq) tomorrow! I'll need practically everything on that list, because I've never made something that needs circular needles or even followed a knit pattern before...
Exciting times here in Jobieville!

2 comments:

  1. What are the differences between circular needles and the other kinds of needles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are three kinds of knitting needles;
    The usual kind, with one pointy end and a stubby bit on the other. They come in pairs and are used for knitting a flat piece of fabric.
    Double pointed needles, are as the name implys, double pointed, and come in sets of 4 or 5. They're used for knitting 'in the round' or for making a tube-shaped piece of fabric.
    Circular needles are two single pointed needles joined at the normally stubby end by a length of string or tube. They can be used as a substitute for double pointed needles. They're also better for travelling with an unfinished piece.
    Here endth the lesson.

    ReplyDelete